I love maps! My love for cartography sprang from an early love for adventure and planning where I would travel when I grew up. How would I navigate all the icecaps in Iceland, my trek throughout Africa, not to mention how could I reach Machu Pichu? Add to this a touch of irony as I […]
I love the new crop of quirky heroes on the scene! From Benedict Cumberbatchs intense take on Sherlock to Jennifer Lawrences kick-arse Katniss, being the odd-one-out is now cooler than it has ever been before. Good news if you’re slightly left of centre. For my little tribe, it’s even better. Blessed (cursed?) with two slightly […]
The birthday season is upon us. Filled to the brim with gorgeous gifts, fabulous parties and wardrobe angst. Not for my little tribe mind you, it’s all emanating from me. Should I be exerting more control over wardrobe for the crew? I am the chief buyer/collector/curator for the tribe. From bringing home quirky finds from […]
- Mum is still exerting control over my wardrobe (go for it Mums I say, do it while you can) and
- I want to be like my older sisters/ idolise Monster High/desperately want to be a teenager
A warm afternoon in the park was a gorgeous reminder that winter is coming to an end and so begins the season of the outdoors.
We are looking forward to:
lazy afternoons in the many gorgeous parks nearby camping with the tribe swimming, swimming, and more swimming at our lovely beaches sharing a cold cider with […]
We are looking forward to:
lazy afternoons in the many gorgeous parks nearby
camping with the tribe
swimming, swimming, and more swimming at our lovely beaches
sharing a cold cider with friends as the sun sets
and best of all no more tights and winter clothes, bare legs and arms, here I come (this one is even more fabulous after two winters in France)
Spring is on it’s way, and with spring comes spring-cleaning. That once a year kind of refresh and update. This years spring clean came with a revelation… We seem to have formed our own little tribe. This came to me as I counted up 12 pairs of Converse runners! Also, the book collection […]
Spent a glorious morning today at Mathildas Market in Fremantle. Set in the gorgeous surrounds of the Freo Town Hall, the poppets and I discovered some fab finds and met some talented folks. First up was the lovely Annabel from Spotted Donkey. Not only did the range on display look gorgeous (crochet is so hard to […]
Today was one of those days when everything seemed rushed, one big hazy blur of meetings, eating on the go, multi-tasking (washing whilst running baths whilst cleaning up whilst thinking about upcoming events) and generally cramming as much in as possible to the one day. Then a conversation with a friend made me stop and […]
I have always loved all things crafty. From my first forays into felt, through to creating little sundresses in a flurry of maternal creativity for one of my little poppets. Now, with less time on my hands, I have discovered the world of all things handmade and online. From Etsy (www.etsy.com) to Australia’s […]
- The Market Roll www.themarketroll.com.au Great directory of markets in Australia with a neat description of what you can expect.
- Magnolia Square www.magnoliasquare.com.au Held in a gorgeous setting this market is bursting with creative types and gorgeous gifts.
- Market Angel www.marketangel.com.au Fabulously easy to navitage and filled with great pics, this site will help you find your next market
It’s a bit tempting at times to try and give our family and friends the ‘best’ we can afford. This morning, I had a conversation with my little sister about babies, presents for babies and girlfriends and started to wonder about some of the ‘best’ gifts I have ever received… So here are my top five: gorgeous […]
- gorgeous 'bouquet' when I had my first little poppet, where the flowers were made from teeny singlets and socks! Perfect for this little black duck as I suffer from hay-fever - not pleasant or attractive when you've just had a new baby. Check out www.babybuds.com.au for ideas/ inspiration!
- magazine subscription for Country Style and Gardening Australia. The gift that keeps on giving...literally, every month a new addition arrives and reminded me of the thoughtful person who gave it to me (thank you Mum). www.magshop.com.au
- quirky little box of kid-style goodness from www.babysgotstyle.com.au
- girlfriend arriving with cheese, crackers and a bottle of chilled wine. What more can I say? A good girlfriend and a gossip makes everything seem better...
- friends helping out on an old style working bee, finishing up with a cold drink admiring our handiwork!
Want to read more?
- April 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
Our lovely sponsors!
Please do not use anything without permission or without noting its origins on your blog or website.
If you pin any images from this site please include the original source/photographer’s credit.