I am totally sitting on the fashion fence on this one! I see glam ladies rocking a kaftan, and think, yes that could be me. Strolling along the beach, kaftan billowing in the breeze, looking every bit the India Hicks/Elle Macpherson-esque bohemian lady. Reality seems to be completely different! For starters where do you get […]
Nature is a brilliant source of inspiration (see here), and that includes all creatures great and small. Two of my all time faves are owls and foxes. Whether adorning cushions, curtains, wallpaper, or starring as the inspiration for a fab piece of jewellery, owls and foxes rock. […]
We love books! Already known as a self-confessed family of bibliophiles building our own library is a natural extension. From humble beginnings as a small shelf and a good lamp, to our current library – several large bookshelves, overflowing with literary treasures, reading couches, lamps, cosy rug…ahhh bliss! Or a […]
I have noticed over the years that as my life becomes busier, the amount of ‘me-time’ I have seems to have been fallen..dramatically! Which is fine with me. Most of the time. Until I am reminded its good for the soul to take time out, to as a friend puts it, ‘take care of yourself’. How […]
- Quiet time: a cup of tea, a good book and a place where I can't be disturbed. A rare treat with my little tribe!
- Pampering time: I always seem to busy, busy, busy to call in to the make-up counter or visit the beauty parlour (I wish old-style beauty parlours still existed, don't you?) regularly so instead I have come to rely on new sources of great tips from some ladies who are in the know. Try these out and you'll see what I mean...
- Learning time. Yes, as a self-confessed geek, I LOVE to learn. The latest one was completing an MBA. Completely bonkers on the face of it! Wasn't I 'busy' enough with the tribe, my corporate career, my freelance writing, friends, etc, etc, etc. Truth is, it was energizing to spend time with a bunch of different people and learn and talk about new ideas and ways of thinking. I just joined a super-fab blog school, run by the lovely/generous Pip Lincolne for the same reason http://justbaustralia.com.au/be-smart/blog-school-how-to-start-a-blog-20778/). A great way to spend time learning about something I love, and meet some fab new friends to boot!
Over the weekend I took the tribe to our local farmers markets (http://www.thisgrandlife.com.au/welcome-to-the-weekend-hurrah-for-farmers-markets/), one of our favourite regular foodie-inspired outings. For the past few days we have been eating our way through our produce: swiss brown mushrooms on home-made pizza, zingy sweet ‘rosey’ blood oranges – delicious stand-alone, tonight Cajun spiced cord-on-the-cob… The last […]
Happy days! The sun is finally starting to shine and means it’s time for sandals and sundresses! Hurrah – how we love the warmer weather and the feeling of sun on our shoulders (yes, yes, in a very sun-safe way of course). The ladies at This Grand Life have chosen a selection of favourites that […]
I am always inspired by nature and it seems I am not alone! Botanical prints and floral designs are HOT, and I think spring is the perfect time to inject a little greenery into your favourite living rooms. Here are my 7 fab finds inspired by all things botanical… 1. Decorate the biggest canvas in your bedroom with some fab […]
Reading a blog has become my new go-to place for inspiration, engaging with like-minded folk and daydreaming/ browsing. The world-wide web is a big place though (suppose that’s where the name comes from!), so it’s a little tricky to work out where to start… To help out in that space, here are five blogs […]
- The Beetle Shack (http://www.thebeetleshack.com/) beautiful pictures, lovely thoughts and some fab fashion ideas to boot!
- Planning with Kids (http://planningwithkids.com/) Having four kids in five years means this is ESSENTIAL! Loads of great resources, tips and ideas.
- Meet Me at Mikes (http://meetmeatmikes.com/) Perfect for my daily fill of crafty inspiration, 'Pip-style' humour, and ideas for living life with a smile.
- Decor8 (http://decor8blog.com/) So many ideas, and only one house to try them out. This is design inspiration heaven if you love design and also don't mind a peek into fab houses and apartments.
- Cup of Jo (http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com.au/) Jo lives a fab life in New York, and her honest commentary and beautiful shots makes you feel part of the story.
I LOVE weekends. Time seems to slow down, I get to indulge in a glass of wine (or two) and we get to go out and about as a whole tribe. One of my all time fave’s is going for a stroll. I say a stroll rather than a walk, as stroll is a far better indication of the […]
The lovely Big A and I have always had a soft spot for farmers markets. We seek them out when travelling, LOVED the thrice-weekly market in our village in France and now enjoy heading to our local market each Saturday. The beauty of a farmers market is being able to make a connection with the […]