Today is the first in a series of posts about Christmas gift ideas. Choosing the right pressie for a friend or lovely member of your family can be tricky if they are one of the cool crew… So after several meaningful consultations with friends who are card-carrying members of the cool crew (with cool […]
- Pantone coffee mug: Pantone colours + coffee, a seriously cool start to anyones day with one of these quirky mugs.
- Moustache canvas tote: in honour of Movember and moustaches, how about giving one of the these fab bags to a cool friend
- Oh Deer, canvas art print: A deer /water colours, perfect for any space or place
- Spoilt tee : Spoiler alert, look a little closer at the quotes/ spoilers from some all time classic movies
- tabcoosh: a mush easier way to lie in bed or on the couch and use you trusty iPad.
Book club time again, and this month we have been reading the brilliant new offering from JK Rowling, The Casual Vacancy. minutiae The reviews from the ladies have bene mixed, and tonight over a glass of wine or two we will chat about what we loved, hated and gained from the […]
It has been a little quiet on the blog front of late for me, a result of my own complex/busy life mixed with heartbreak, loss and challenge. This all came to a head over the weekend, when on the way to dropping the Mini-Fashionista off to a birthday party, Captain Jack cried out ‘I am going to […]
Is it possible to have it ALL? Our televisions have been bombarded with conflicting messages for the past several years. We should be able to have it ALL. A glamorous, rewarding career where every day is satisfying and you leave with a sense of fulfilment. A gorgeous home filled to the brim with styled vignettes, […]
Crocs…urghhhhhh! A few weeks ago I posted I was struggling with a love them/ hate them dilemma on Facebook. Love the practicality and easy peasy on/off features, detest the ugly, clumpy plastic look. Enter HUGE response! Who would have known that my lovely friends felt so strongly, about, well, shoes! Big ugly plasticky type shoes […]
Blogs. Brilliant, funny, interactive, and constantly changing. There are so many fab blogs nowadays, it’s really hard to know where to start! It’s a little confusing at first. When I first dipped my toes in the water (it was mama mia), I was blown away. This was followed closely by
- Try a fab blog-reader. I love Bloglovin' as you can keep track of your faves, have latest stories/ posts emailed directly to you and also discover new blogs.
- Check out the links on you newly discovered fave blogs. Most have a list of links, also called a blog-roll over to the side, try homelife, baby mac and letters from the country
- Comment on a post. Most blogs let you post a comment, your thoughts, ideas, feedback, just keep it nice and constructive though. It's a case of remembering your manners, and be kind! Look at the bottom of this post and you'll see what I mean.
- 'Like' a blog or a particular post via social media (eg, Facebook, twitter, pinterest) if you read it and love what you see. This flags it for your friends, but also gives the writer great feedback about what you (the much-loved reader) wants to see more of. Like I said, blogs are a fast-moving feast, so be part of it!
This week I introduced the Mini-Fashionista to the fun-filled world of op-shops. My little future stylist has always had an eye for the unusual, and I’ll readily admit to indulging her somewhat quirky taste (see here). Tutus + converse high-tops? No problem. Equestrian themed ensemble with no […]
Wanderlust. One of my favourite words and also a great way to describe how I feel, nearly all the time. A sense of wanting to explore, travel, try new things. Which is all fine if you are a professional traveller/ adventurer (which I would be in another life). […]
This week I did something that quite frankly scared the pants off me. Bit of a background first… for the past two years I have been living and working in France and Guinea (West Africa), which was fab. Except for the whole driving a car caper. Which was insane. And scary. Oh, and did I mention […]
What do you do on a Sunday? My ritual has evolved over time and place. Life in Sydney = the Bondi to Bronte run, a dip to cool off at Bronte or Glamourama (sorry Tamarama), late breakfast at Hugo’s (because they had rugs for your lap AND great coffee), then a trip to one of the traditional Jewish […]
Want to read more?
- April 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
Our lovely sponsors!
Please do not use anything without permission or without noting its origins on your blog or website.
If you pin any images from this site please include the original source/photographer’s credit.