- trying to take care of the health and welfare of my little tribe (don't we all) we crossed the globe and settled into a new home,
- trying to be a good sister and daughter we welcomes two gorgeous little cherubs, and navigated our way through the usual family shenanigans
- trying to be a positive and engaged role model to my brilliant team in my professional world.
One of the many fab things about being a mother to two little boys is the whole new world of interesting stuff they are into. Top of the list is dinosaurs. So in honour of our tribes love of all things prehistoric, todays entry in the #amonthof series is T is for T-Rex, king of the dinosaurs. […]
- If you live in London or have the chance to visit check out the Natural History Museum, it is a dino-lovers dream. Filled to the brim with models, skeletons, fossils and other cool prehistory, this place blew our minds.
- Get a couple of cool dino books, we love this one and also this one (the artwork/drawings are beautiful - whether you love dinosaurs or not).
- How about building your own dinosaur? We've build this one, the t-rex (of course), and they look pretty cool!
- What about throwing a dino-themed party? A fab friend of ours threw a great party a few years ago, where kids were presented with a 'dig pass' when they arrived, discovered some 'bones' in the sandpit/ site, and had a ball doing a dino-themed scavenger hunt...(complete with dino-trivia along the way)
Have you ever used saffron in a culinary creation? Was it really essential to the recipe? Did it cost an outrageous amount of money for a tiny little smidge of yellowy/orange? (try $6 for o.5g… OUCH) Would the recipe have been the same without the saffron? Could I substitute with something else (turmeric?) All this […]
Today I got to thinking about music and one of the absolute FAVE bands, the Rolling Stones for my entry for ‘R’ in the #amonth of series. This is probably a result of spending a LOT of time in the tour bus with the tribe (mine that is, not Mick and the boys, though am […]
When was the last time you enjoyed some quiet time? Late at night once everyone is in bed? An early morning walk? On a plane by yourself? It can be a pretty confronting thing at first. I find it takes time to adjust to the quiet, to enjoy the calm that comes with silence. Just […]
Happy Sunday! I love Sundays, apart from the fact its the weekend (hooray for weekends), it’s also traditionally the day in sunny Perth that you grab a picnic and hit the beach, park, river and enjoy being outdoors. I’ve always admired this about our adopted home, that people love nothing better on the weekend than […]
I’ve always had a soft spot for Jamie Oliver, from his first forays as a tv chef, to his crusade for healthy eating and to bringing cooking top notch food to the masses. Then there’s his gorgeous wife, and gaggle of cute kids with kooky names. *Sigh* So I am really excited by the lovely […]
I watched this movie on a plane, by myself, and just quietly LOVED it. Why? Well because it’s all about one of my favourite nights, and it tells the different stories for different people for that one special night. When I was younger, NYE was all about getting frocked up, heading […]
One of my fave childhood memories is watching The Muppets with my sisters and brother. Sure we didn’t get all the jokes, but we thought it was REALLY funny, and right up there with Fraggle Rock (remember that show? Gold!). My little tribe is now discovering how funny The Muppets are. Driven by the awfulness of French tv […]
Do you have a favourite ‘classic movie’? One of our favourites is Labyrinth. From the lavish costumes, to the brilliant characters and dialogue, it’s a movie we can watch over and over. Don’t even get me started on David Bowie and his hair, how good is that extreme mullet? Plus even though it was made […]
- The Dark Crystal Oh the glorious melancholic tale of the gelflings, I remember crying when I saw this movie as a little kid for Jen the orphan hero who needs to save the world, totally enraptured in the world of the Urskeks, Skeksis and the peace-loving Mystics.
- Stardust Robert De Niro at his finest, not to mention the divine Clare Danes playing Yvaine (a fallen star, *sigh*)... A brilliant swash-buckling adventure with a lot of heart.
- The Princess Bride First there is the beautiful Buttercup, snatched away to start a war, then there is her lovable sweetheart, not to mention giants, pirates and some fantastic sword fights!
Want to read more?
- April 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
Our lovely sponsors!
Please do not use anything without permission or without noting its origins on your blog or website.
If you pin any images from this site please include the original source/photographer’s credit.