Today I have been thinking about how fab it is to have brothers and sisters. My own combo is a big brother and two little sisters. Over the years, these cool folk have stuck by me and joined me for the ride through moving houses, building a house, bust ups, having babies, surviving B&S balls, heading off […]
Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Or Happy Holidays! Welcome to the end of the year! Whatever it is you are celebrating, there are bound to be 1001 photos taken, stored, and well, that can sometimes be it… Instead of just filing those awesome pics away under ‘December 2013’ why not try out some of […]
- Create a photo book. We've used Kikki K to produce and send some fab photo books, a perfect gift, keepsake, and a great crafty project to get the kids involved. The software is free and easy peasy, and the production quality is beautiful. Plus as my talented friend Tasmin Brown pointed out today, get some of the those holiday memories printed!
- Instagram it! The bonus is you can 'follow' a bunch of other cool folks with gorgeous photo-streams.
- A Beautiful Mess, brilliant app that allows you to create collages, customise pics, create fab posters, screen savers and much more.
- Flipagram - Loads of fun! This easy to use app helps you combine your pics and music into an easy to share movie. Another great one for the kids to have a go at.
- Print a custom calendar, mug, mousepad, t-shirt. Sure it's kitsch, but it can also be super-cute! Try Vista Print for great prices on mugs and calendars, DIY photo paper (available from Officeworks) for fab t-shirts making, or send off a pic to Charlie and Rosie a fab small businesses which can create gorgeous personal keepsake.
Ahhh, Christmas, are you a fan? I love it! That is probably not a surprise to most people who know me, or read my blog here as I tend to love most things in life. I love the togetherness of this time of the year, which I think is more the point rather than huge […]
- Present budgets are limited, kids get $5 to spend on each present, and have the option of making/ creating. The planning, searching, thinking that goes into it is incredible. Seriously, my kids could do wonders with the Federal budget!
- The BIG dinner happens on Christmas Eve, after the tiny ones have gone to bed. That's right, the kids go to bed on time, which generally has the added upside of well-rested little folk on the big day. This leaves us to enjoy a Christmas cocktail (the current favourite is the El Presidente) and some delish food. Bliss!
- On Christmas morning, we hand presents out S L O W L Y, with the help of the kids. Making the kids wait until each person has unwrapped, taken in, enjoyed what they have been given, then moving on to the next person. There is no giant pile of presents waiting for anyone, so why rush!
- A swim at the beach on Christmas Day, which also doubles as a great time to test out any new swimmers, body boards, beachy stuff which may have arrived earlier that morning. We live in such a beautiful part of the world, why not take full advantage!
- Food-wise on Christmas Day, breakfast, lunch and dinner is more of a grazing affair with lots of fruit, cheese, ham (mountains of it), bubbles (for little folk and grown-ups). Paper plates and napkins are de rigueur (better for the environment than plastic, less washing up for me, so win-win).
- In the afternoon, lying around reading, playing board games, watching a movie, anything that involves relaxing really and cuddles with the kids. See, there's that togetherness again!
Happy Friday Folks! I thought I’d take the time to think about what I am grateful for today (the fab print about is available here on Etsy via West Sheridan): Getting the chance to spend some Q-time with the little folk in my life (and also at the same time expanding my knowledge […]
- Getting the chance to spend some Q-time with the little folk in my life (and also at the same time expanding my knowledge of dinosaurs, Zelfs - more about those tomorrow, and Lego)
- Having a lovely supportive partner in life who a rock of encouragement and support this year while I pursue my somewhat lofty creative/ career dreams
- Being in good health and having a lovely family
December and the end of the school year is always a tinderbox of emotions in our neck of the woods. Exhausted kids, mixed with tired parents, a hint of ‘I’m going to miss my teacher’, and a whopping great dose of ‘where did the year go?’ makes for testing times. Not to mention the odd […]
- watching the Mini Fashionista perform in her school concert (a cracker of a job as a sixties starlet), play the violin in her first string ensemble performance (where of course I got teary, because no matter what the content I seem to get teary at school concerts) and morph into a tall willowy little lady with a snappy send of humour
- Seeing Captain Jack master tying his shoelaces and hand-writing. In fact I am pretty sure this will go down as one of my highlights (for anyone else who has watched their child suffer through occupational therapy (OT), frustration, anger and every other emotion that comes with struggling to master a new skill, you'll know what a BIG deal this was). Noticing that no matter how tall and strong he becomes, his heart is still made of ice-cream and melts at the sight of a wounded bird or when someone is hurt.
- Watching Flashdance emerge from his shell, and even have the courage to speak at assembly (seriously unthinkable at the start of the year) not to mention to produce some of the most wonderful pieces of art, and continue to march to the beat of his own drum (to his credit, he did successfully pull off the 'cool Scottish man' for International Day - complete with hat, tartan skinny jeans and tuxe jacket).
- Saying goodbye to nappies for Little L, and hello to Kindergarten orientation! Where did that time go? My baby is all of a sudden a little person, with an opinion about everything, everyone and attitude to spare.
I love a quirky bag, bright cushion or fab piece of art. Our home morphs throughout the year to accommodate whatever I bring home/ buy, dig out of the cupboard or create. Sometimes it’s all cool neutrals. Sometimes floral. And sometimes it’s really out there… Inspired by my love of all things out there and […]
I am basking in the glow of a daydream come true. After years of sewing /creating for my own pleasure and for my little tribe, I decided to take the plunge and start a boutique design label. Featuring fab frocks, sunny sun dresses, cool shorts, super cute totes, brooches…and a whole lot more, This Grand […]
Want to read more?
- October 2018
- August 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- February 2016
- November 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
Our lovely sponsors!
Please do not use anything without permission or without noting its origins on your blog or website.
If you pin any images from this site please include the original source/photographer’s credit.