Wowsers, the year seems to be flying by already. All of a sudden, we are gearing up for school, getting busy at work and getting set for the first of the gorgeous markets and fairs This Grand Life will be attending this year. Whew! It can all get a little overwhelming at times. Thinking […]
- Reading: Wildwood – a glorious book, with fabulous illustrations, which I initially bought for Captain Jack (my 9 year old) and then when he got a little scared by the opening gambit about a murder of crows, I stepped in to read it first. You know, to check it wasn’t too scary. I am LOVING it…
- Creating: More gorgeous sundresses, super cute heart purses, some cuddly softies and boardies for super cool boys with some beautiful new fabric.
- Learning: French, brushing up on my French (can’t believe I have been back in Australia for nearly 3 years), such a beautiful quirky language.
- Teaching: Little L how to read. My littlest poppet starts school this year and is super keep to keep up with the big kids in the house. We have used Reading Eggs for years and all of my kids have loved it. It’s also a great excuse to spend more time reading each night.
- Watching: Girls. Though it feels like a guilty pleasure, I am totally hooked. Oh the angst, the selfish choices, the dilemmas.
Hope you had a Merry Christmas! Or Happy Holidays! Welcome to the end of the year! Whatever it is you are celebrating, there are bound to be 1001 photos taken, stored, and well, that can sometimes be it… Instead of just filing those awesome pics away under ‘December 2013’ why not try out some of […]
- Create a photo book. We've used Kikki K to produce and send some fab photo books, a perfect gift, keepsake, and a great crafty project to get the kids involved. The software is free and easy peasy, and the production quality is beautiful. Plus as my talented friend Tasmin Brown pointed out today, get some of the those holiday memories printed!
- Instagram it! The bonus is you can 'follow' a bunch of other cool folks with gorgeous photo-streams.
- A Beautiful Mess, brilliant app that allows you to create collages, customise pics, create fab posters, screen savers and much more.
- Flipagram - Loads of fun! This easy to use app helps you combine your pics and music into an easy to share movie. Another great one for the kids to have a go at.
- Print a custom calendar, mug, mousepad, t-shirt. Sure it's kitsch, but it can also be super-cute! Try Vista Print for great prices on mugs and calendars, DIY photo paper (available from Officeworks) for fab t-shirts making, or send off a pic to Charlie and Rosie a fab small businesses which can create gorgeous personal keepsake.
Today J is for Jigsaw, and is a fab excuse to celebrate my love for puzzles and problems. Here are a couple of our faves… Hopefully, I have passed on my love of solving puzzles to the tribe. Given their love of jigsaws I am pretty sure I am on my way. I think completing a […]
Wowsers! What a fab, fab day to be out and about. I have a habit of cramming in as much exploring as I can each weekend, trying to soak up sun, create new things and spend some good quality time with the tribe along the way. Today started with what is now becoming part of […]
Today I have been thinking about happiness. Here’s what makes me happy… Taking the tribe to discover new places Nature and all things outdoorsy Reading a new science book (the word ‘quotient’ in the title should’ve given away the fact that I am a card-carrying member of the ‘geek club’). What makes you happy? Enjoy […]
Today heralds the beginning of the festival of pink. Before the tribe arrived on the scene, I happily enjoyed a world, home and closet of muted tones, greys, creams, with the occasional splash of blue. My own wardrobe, built on a solid base of black, grey and navy served me well. Then the Mini-Fashionista entered our lives. With […]
Spent a glorious morning today at Mathildas Market in Fremantle. Set in the gorgeous surrounds of the Freo Town Hall, the poppets and I discovered some fab finds and met some talented folks. First up was the lovely Annabel from Spotted Donkey. Not only did the range on display look gorgeous (crochet is so hard to […]
Today was one of those days when everything seemed rushed, one big hazy blur of meetings, eating on the go, multi-tasking (washing whilst running baths whilst cleaning up whilst thinking about upcoming events) and generally cramming as much in as possible to the one day. Then a conversation with a friend made me stop and […]
I have always loved all things crafty. From my first forays into felt, through to creating little sundresses in a flurry of maternal creativity for one of my little poppets. Now, with less time on my hands, I have discovered the world of all things handmade and online. From Etsy (www.etsy.com) to Australia’s […]
- The Market Roll www.themarketroll.com.au Great directory of markets in Australia with a neat description of what you can expect.
- Magnolia Square www.magnoliasquare.com.au Held in a gorgeous setting this market is bursting with creative types and gorgeous gifts.
- Market Angel www.marketangel.com.au Fabulously easy to navitage and filled with great pics, this site will help you find your next market
It’s a bit tempting at times to try and give our family and friends the ‘best’ we can afford. This morning, I had a conversation with my little sister about babies, presents for babies and girlfriends and started to wonder about some of the ‘best’ gifts I have ever received… So here are my top five: gorgeous […]
- gorgeous 'bouquet' when I had my first little poppet, where the flowers were made from teeny singlets and socks! Perfect for this little black duck as I suffer from hay-fever - not pleasant or attractive when you've just had a new baby. Check out www.babybuds.com.au for ideas/ inspiration!
- magazine subscription for Country Style and Gardening Australia. The gift that keeps on giving...literally, every month a new addition arrives and reminded me of the thoughtful person who gave it to me (thank you Mum). www.magshop.com.au
- quirky little box of kid-style goodness from www.babysgotstyle.com.au
- girlfriend arriving with cheese, crackers and a bottle of chilled wine. What more can I say? A good girlfriend and a gossip makes everything seem better...
- friends helping out on an old style working bee, finishing up with a cold drink admiring our handiwork!
Want to read more?
- October 2018
- August 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- November 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- June 2016
- February 2016
- November 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- May 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
Our lovely sponsors!
Please do not use anything without permission or without noting its origins on your blog or website.
If you pin any images from this site please include the original source/photographer’s credit.